Depending on your age and the route you take, you may be liable to contribute some or all of your training costs regardless of the training provider. Some common scenarios are listed below:
- If you are an apprentice aged 16-19, then your course will be fully funded.
- If you are an apprentice aged 19+, then you will have to make a percentage contribution
- If you are aged 16-19 and want to study full time, the course will be fully funded
- If you are an adult at level 2 (C&G 2365), you may be eligible for co-funding which will cover approximately 50% of your course.
- If you are an adult at level 3 (C&G 2365, 2357 or 5357), you will likely be liable for ALL costs but you could be eligible for a student loan. More info can be found here http://www.slc.co.uk/
Please note, there is no available funding for short courses such as the 17th Edition, Inspection and Test or PAT testing type courses.
There are planned changes again to adult funding which will be introduced across 2017-2019, please return to this page for more information as and when we get it.